Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

MJ Cream - No shirt, no shoes, no problem!



Hey fans!  MJ here for for the win!  I just wanted everyone to know that I had an awesome outing today!  I went to the beach by the lake near the Fo-fam’s place.  It was a very pretty day but man, was it hot and humid!  It wasn’t too hot for my feet, though...Fo-pa checked to make sure, plus I walked in the grass most of the way.  At the beach, I saw a bunch of ducks!  I watched very intently as they swam away.  I don’t know why the didn’t want to hang out with me...I only wanted to see if they squeezed like the toys I play with, LOL!  On the walk back home, a couple of neighbors had their lawn sprinklers on and me and Fo-ma ran through them!  What fun!  And refreshing too!  This place is pretty cool here but I know it can’t possibly compare to my furever home...where ever that may be.  I can’t wait to meet my furever family and take fun excursions with you!  Until then, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the hound!