Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Buttercup checkin in with my future family!!


Hi every peeples! I’s in a new foster home cuz I had da surgery and is doin real gud! Da new place has two dogs and a cat! I likes the dogs fine, but I doesn’t know what the catz problems is…I don’t think she likes me. Oh well, her loss cuz I's so awesome. I just ignore her. I duzn’t care anyway cuz I’s all about the hoomans. Oh. My. Gosh. I just luvs them all! Even if I duzn’t knows you, I’m purty sure yous my very best fren ever!! I follows them all places…even the baffrum…they duzn’t likes that much. Privacy…puhleez. Anyways , I sleeps the whole night long in ma bed without wakin the hoomans. FM covers me with da blanket and I likes it. I eats real gud, I potties real gud, I sleeps real gud, I do stairs kinda gud…itz not purty but I gets up and down them ok! Sheesh, I cants be purfect at everthin. I still learnin all kinda thins. I cants wait to meet my new peeples! Foster Ma and Pa sezs they gonna luv me cause I real nice and sweet. I’s so excited! Buttercup out!
My favorite toy
Where you goes, I goes...