Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Penny: 2/6 - bundled and ready



Hey, Penny here. The sun is out today and we are all so excited to get outside. FD and FD got us all bundled up, it is good to feel like part of the pack.  I went outside with out coaxing. My foster brother and sister went ahead; they know the ropes, you know. and I followed, slowly. I went done those long steps with some hesitation, there is still a little ice and snow about. but once we got down the steps I kept up with my brother and sister! They went for a longer walk than I did, because it was still pretty icy where they were going. 

I had a big serving of Kibble today, and I loved it. 


 This is me in the Blue hat.
Back home now in my big puffy bed.

I am going for a ride in the back of the big car today to see the Vet. But it is OK, FM will be with me.

Talk to you later.