Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Flying Hemsworth: 11/22 - I'll Have You At Hello

Norman here and it's high time I said 'Hello'.  My foster mom says that's all I need to say when I meet people.  She says I'm a tall, handsome boy and once you see me you will just swoon. I don't know what any of that means.  I think I can do a better job.

My name is Flying Hemsworth but you can call me Norman.  I'll be four years old next month and ran 126 races in WV. Then I found out I was being retired and it was time to find my very own family. I'm so excited about that.  I've been hanging out with foster mom while I learn the ropes of retirement.  She said there's a lot to learn about being in a house especially when you're as tall as I am. I have lots of foster brothers and one foster sister.  Guess who's the tallest......that's right, Me!

That's me standing with foster mom's son. He's the tallest human in the house. We hang out a lot together.  Something about tall fellas and sticking together.

I can't wait to share with you all about my life in a foster home.  Right now Im going to check out the kitchen and see if anyone is making my food.