Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Felicity: 11/21 - Field Trips and Food Treats!

Hi Everyone, Felicity here with some exciting stuff! The foster parents took me on a field trip. They said we were going to the "home depot." I thought I was shopping for a home but turns out just getting some stuff for the foster home and meeting a few people along the way. That's okay though because I learned some things. First I learned little humans are greyt! I met a few and foster mom had her hands full handing the big people GEGR contact cards and didn't get a picture but she said I should tell you that even when I was swarmed with three little humans all wanting to pet me and hug me I was like a rock star! I just loved all the attention. If you have little humans who want to hug me and love me I am A-Okay with that! I also learned that I love shopping. I enjoyed my field trip a lot. If you like to shop at dog-friendly stores you and I were just made for each other! Here I am as we were waiting to check out.


Here's another thing I am enjoying, special treats! Foster mom says it is good for me to learn some people house rules. I already know that we only go potty outside and when the lights go out at night we stay quiet and rest until foster parents get up in the morning. Foster mom says now it's time I learn some important words. The first word I am learning is "down."  Down means I should lay on the floor or a bed. Foster mom is so proud of me when I do the right thing I get very special treats. This chicken is DELICIOUS!

I'm going to practice down some more and maybe even learn some more words so I can get more yummy treats. Tail wags til next time, Felicity!