Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Felicity: 11/28 - Howly-day Time!

Hi everyone, it's Felicity and I learned another new thing that happens when you live in a house with a people family. They have special days they call howly-days. Nobody really howled so I'm not sure why they call them that but they sure are fun anyway. Last week I got to celebrate my first howly-day with my foster family. The people called it Thanksgiving, the resident hounds said they just call it super-duper food day. My foster parents were so busy in the kitchen making all sorts of tempting smells all day long.Then they started putting food on the big table in that room they almost never use. Then they put more food on the table and more and more until the whole table was full of food. They even moved our dog beds in that room so we could be close to them. And then the most awesome thing ever happened-- they put some of that special yummy people food on a plate and GAVE IT TO ME!! Really, I promise, I know I'm not supposed to take food from their plates but they set it right down in front of me where I was laying and told me it was all for me! I wasn't quite sure about this until I saw my foster sister got a plate too and she was eating hers so I dug into mine! I got turkey and potatoes and my favorite thing was the mac-and-cheese! Have I told you how much I love cheese? This was like the cheese jack-pot!



Well, after all that yummy food I was ready for a rest. Here's me and my foster sister both catching a good nap!



I hope you had a good food day too. My foster siblings tell me the next howly-day will be Christmas and that's when some guy called Santa Paws comes to your house while you're sleeping and brings treats and toys for all the good pets. Will Santa Paws be coming to your house? If you adopt me to be your pet I promise I'll be trying hard to be a good girl so Santa Paws will bring me lots of goodies! Until next time, Felicity