Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Artex Oyster: 10/1 - Shopping Trip

Hello loyal fanbase!

Oyster here. I've been feeling cooped up lately, so foster mom took me out for a short little trip. She did a happy dance because I stepped into the van all by myself for the first time. She was so proud of me and said her back thanked me too...whatever that means. She picks up her tiny humans all the time, I don't see why I'm any different. After all, I'm just a 2 year old.  I also showed off my awesome waiting skills when she opened the van door to let me out. I love it when foster mom is proud of me.

Anywho...we went to this HUUUUGE place that was  orange and white with all sorts of crazy stuff, loud machines and big carts. Not having seen much of the world, I was a little nervous at first. I knew foster mom had my back, so I stuck close and let her take the lead. I got a lot of people to stop and pet me by staring up at them with my Sad Moon Eyes (trademark Artex Oyster - 2018). They all said I was just the sweetest boy. All I wanna know is why they had no treats for me.

We made a quick pitstop outside to smell the flowers, then came inside to grab a few things for foster mom to decorate the house. She says there's a holiday coming up called Halloween. All I wanna know is there food involved? She told me the next holiday in November might be more my scene.

Well, I just wanted to share a bit about my morning. I'm now ready to take a siesta on my cozy bed and dream of food, fun and my forever family.

Until next time!

-Oyster

 Oooo let's get this one! I bet foster sister would like this one!

Is yellow my color?

What was that?! Batdog ears on high alert


Mmmm. These smell good. Can I eat them?

AAAAH What is wrong with you people? Bring on the day of turkey.