Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Myth See All: 8/7/18 - Brave New World




Hi everyone! My name is Myth. Nope I didn't pick it. It was given to me and I just work with it.  I made the move into retired life on Saturday. I traveled with 9 other pups from WV to MD to meet some really nice GEGR folks. They told me that if I let them spruce me up a bit they'll help me find a furever home. I've heard stories about those furever homes and they sound wonderful.
It seems after all that bathing, ear cleaning and nail trimming; you don't go right to that home. You have to stop off at a foster home first. They said it's where we learn home training.

Well me and my friend Einstein traveled to VA to our foster home. There's already two other greyhounds living there and foster mom said we should just sort of learn from them.  I'm a quick study. I've learned which crate is mine and I know that good food and sometimes treats show up there. I know all my business goes outside. No accidents for this girl. I'm learning to be patient when it's time to leave the crate.

Foster mom keeps talking about good manners. I'm not sure what that means but I think it means I have to be nice to everyone.  She doesn't like for me to jump on her when she comes home but I'm so excited to see her or anyone else for that matter. If I just do my happy dance on the floor I get treats and I can live with that. So I happy dance at the back door when it's time to go out. Treats!  I happy dance on the back patio cus my feet are wet and foster mom likes her clothes nice and dry. Treats! Told you I was a quick study.

Ok foster mom has to go to work and she says it's kennel time. I gotta run cus, well, Treats!!!

See ya later.