Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Artex Oyster: 8/7/18 - Taking it in Stride

Hi everybody!

My name is Oyster and I'm the sweetest boy ever! I have the cutest little "bat ears" that point straight up when I hear something; and the biggest soulful brown eyes. So far my favorite thing about retirement is snuggling with some cozy blankets and peanut butter! My foster family has 2 tiny humans in it as well. They love me and I think they're pretty awesome too.

I've been learning all sorts of new things like how to wait patiently when asked and working on alone time. I LOVE to eat, so I'm really enjoying having food as a reward for good behavior. I am also a little shadow. Wherever you go, I'll be right behind you. I don't like to miss out on anything you're doing. I even love to watch tv! My leash manners are great and I've been doing really well letting my foster mom know when I need to go outside to go potty.

As you may have seen on the GEGR website, I am not yet available for adoption. My veterinarian has determined I'm something called heartworm positive. This means I have an infection of icky worms in my bloodstream, and possibly my heart, that could make me very sick if left untreated.  I'm so grateful the folks at GEGR, my foster family, and my veterinarian are doing everything they can to make me all better again. I'm strong and I know even though it's a long road, I can do it!  Stay tuned for more updates on my journey through my treatment and into this awesome new thing called retirement.

-Oyster


Blankets are THE best!

What we watchin'?

My human foster sisters helping me look for the vet at my first appointment


Little foster sister tells me everything's gonna be ok.

Want to know more about how you prevent heartworm disease in your dog? Visit: https://www.heartwormsociety.org/pet-owner-resources/heartworm-prevention-for-dogs