Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Flying Dogwood: 5/9 - I'm A Big Boy Now!



I had a birfday on May 3rd and Foster Mom says I'm 2 years old now.  She says I should start acting like a big boy now but I'm having way more fun acting like a big puppy.
My foster brother had a birfday too. He turned 8 which is a lot of years. My foster mom thought it would be fun to throw us both a party.






There was granola cakes and frozen yogurt and these crazy pointy things called hats. Foster Mom was insisting that we all had to wear them but I was having none of that. I just wanted all the plates of yummy food. Foster Mom said only one was for me but then she put them all on the floor.  What's a pup to do?


Everything was yummy and we all licked our plates clean.  I decided maybe it was ok to wear the pointy hat for at least a couple of seconds. Oh but then she wanted pictures but I had a hard time sitting still for those too. I can't wait to have another birfday.