Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Eyes of a Hero: 5/8

Hero in his natural habitat.
I'm back for another update.

I've been told there's an adoption event this weekend. I'm very excited, because I love to meet new people. In fact, I haven't met a person yet that I don't immediately like. We were just out for a walk last night when a neighbor asked about me. I didn't mind standing around while the humans talked, because I got a lot of petting. I'm made for petting!




 Foster mom got excited last night, because I attempted my first roach position. I had the back legs right, but my front end needs a little work. Foster mom leaned way over from where she was on the couch to get this picture. Sorry for the weird angle, she was trying hard to get it before I decided to change position.