Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

O Girl: 2/18


Hi my name is 'O Girl' but you can call me 'Girl' for short.

Hi I am 'O Giril'
I had the most amazing 24 hours, so very different from the last 3.5 years of my life.  First I took a long ride from Alabama to Maryland with a couple of my gal and guy buddies.  After that ride I met a bunch of folks called volunteers who took us for walks and let us stretch our legs.  Then we hopped into a couple of vehicles and took another ride to a place called Greyhound Central.  That was a fun car ride as I got to look at all the sights from the window.   Then oh my gosh, I got some water and yummy food, a short rest, and then on to the best part,  a SPA treatment just for greyhounds.  They gave me a warm bath complete with a massage. That was just the best, I could have stayed in there forever !!!  That massage gal had some magic fingers, I tell ya.   I had a nice rub down, got my ears cleaned,   my nails done, and something called a microchip.   After all that I was introduced to my foster mom and one of her teen boys.  They put a snuggly coat on me,  took me for a walk and then I jumped into the car and off we went.   I was a trooper and stayed a wake a bit to watch the sights but then I was so sleepy from the day's excitement I took a quick snooze.   They stopped for  the teen to get a Chicken sandwhich from something called a drive-through.  Wow did that sandwhich smell yummy, but alas apparently no sharing that sandwhich with me as I am on a speical diet that is good for my tummy the first couple days of my retirement.  These volunteer folks sure are good at taking care of greyhounds though I would have really liked some of that sandwhich. Then I arrived at my foster home and met my foster brothers Reese and Kipper.  They sort of look like me since they have spots like I do but there's are brown and mine are black.  I think its going to be super fun here.  Will update you later lots to smell and see.

Getting my Massage
Checking out the sights. 

Taking a Snooze

Wish I could have some of that Chicken Sandwhich!
Meeting my Foster Brothers  - thats me on the left.