Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Carina: 2/18

Hello New Friends!

Had a reallyyyyy long and exciting journey yesterday and finally made it to my temporary destination until my forever one is found! Pretty sure that’s going to happen pretty darn soon too!!! I’m being told I’m such a good girl and it’s so easy for this family to be telling me that all the time!
So, I was a perfect passenger on the way to go to their house and slept the whole way; I even had to be woken up when we got there.
We did make one stop on the way; it was a place that had a ton of shiny new things that drive on 2 wheels! I wasn’t afraid of them at all and weaved in and out while we walked all around (I’m already a pro at walking on hard wood floor - they were pretty impressed that I didn’t even hesitate! I’m just such an easy walker on the leash .... don’t care to pull or zigzag, I like being next to someone while I’m walking.
Finally got to the house and got to meet 2 other black greyhounds just like me! (They say we’re CLBD - crazy little black dogs 🤣) and then I got to meet this little kid and I loved him and gave him a big huge snuggle-lean! I don’t even jump up - just love to drop my head on your lap and lean in for those scratches!
Needless to say, I settled right in! I tested every comfy bed they have all over the place on the floors here and finally found my favorite! And I slept right through the night (I did sing a little bed time song but just for a few minutes and then I was fast asleep until almost 8am!)
I can’t wait to share the pics but my foster-lady said she’s having some difficulties,  so keep checking back to check them out!
Have a wonderful day and I’ll see you soon!
Love,
Carina

 . 

 .