Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

MBQ Mimi 9/1/17




Howdy, folks! Mimi here with a retirement update! My foster mom says I'm a beautiful, sweet, calm girl who couldn't be bothered to race because I enjoy hanging out with my people instead. I'm an expert lounger, but always on the ready for snacks or tossing around a stuffy. I've learned all about stairs and can go up AND down, especially if it means I get to keep you company. I'm very observant and love to sit back and watch all the cool new things I've never seen before, but when I'm ready, I'm the life of the party! 

How about some pictures so you can get to know me?

This is the face I make when you stop petting me for no apparent reason. 
Seriously. You never need to stop. Just keep petting.

I'm also a big fan of lounging in the grass. Everyone else was busy
doing their "business," but  I think it's important to appreciate these
cool, beautiful afternoon breezes. 



I borrowed this pillow from my foster bother, Stride and I LOVE it!



It's my favorite pillow EVER!


Are you sensing a theme here? 


Do you have a fluffy pillow? How about some cool grass? And what about a free hand for giving some belly rubs? My foster home rocks, but I'm on the hunt for some permanent digs with a family who knows how to pass out the treats. I'd love to read through your application if you're looking for the best friend you've ever had.

So what are you waiting for??