Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Mac (Snake Eyes) 8/20/2017

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry I have been out of touch.  I had some company visiting and it took up a lot of time and really wore me out.

My friend Tubby came for a visit.  He is a really neat guy and it was fun showing him the ins and outs of my foster home.  I taught him all the important things like how to let FM know we want to go out, how to run in the yard and how to get a treat.  He taught me some new things also like how to dig a big hole in the yard.  It was really fun to dig and see the dirt fly, but FM says that is not a good thing. How can something that is so much fun be a bad thing?  FM might be wrong about digging but I will do what she wants for now.

The weather has been really hot here.  It stays pretty cool in my foster house and I really like that. They say it is air conditioning, but it is a good thing whatever you call it.  Wonder why they don't have that at the track.

I have finally learned not to dart out doors when they are opened.  My FM still watches me carefully, but I stand and wait for my lead to go on and to be told it is OK to come out.  The only exception is the door to the back yard.  Since that is fenced, I can go out there without a lead.  This was a hard one to learn because I want to check out everything that is new and an opened door holds lots of interesting things.  I now trust FM to let me know if I can inspect something or if it is not a good place for me to go.  When Tubby was here, he told me about being loose without a person and a lead. He said it was really scary to be lost and it feels really good when you are found.  I don't think I ever want to experience being lost.

I have also graduated to sleeping outside the crate at night.  FM used to put me in the crate at night, which wasn't so bad, but now I get to sleep in the bedroom with FM and that is neat.  If I need her at night or if she is trying to sleep in, I can nudge her instead of having to bark and whine in the crate.

I really like the toys we have here.  I also like the dog beds.  I try to give my FM and foster brother some decorating advice by moving the toys and beds into other rooms.  They don't seem to appreciate my decorating skills and keep moving things back where they were.  I think it is important to have a bed and a toy in every room in this house.  The only exception is the kitchen.  The only things I want to do in the kitchen is eat, eat, eat.  Did I mention that I like to eat?

I am still looking for my forever home.  If you think I would be a good addition to your family, give the folks at GEGR a call.  We could have a meet and greet.

Bye for now,
Mac