Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Coach Ursala - 8/22 - Post-Eclipse Day

Hi everyone:

Black dog lying on her back on a dog bed
Practicing on my bed
Hope you all had a greyt weekend! I know i did. In fact, I was so busy I forgot to write. Saturday marked three weeks of official retirement. I have been practicing with my bed every day, and I am getting really good at it. I have even started trying out fancy moves. I have a pretty good emotive down now. In the morning, Mr. G and I have first out followed by breakfast. Then we get a walk before work. Mr. G and I work by being quiet in our crates while L and J have to go somewhere to work. I don't know what they do, but Mr. G and I are excellent at our jobs.

Dog standing on grass with lake in the background
Admiring the lakeside view
After work, the real fun begins. That is when we get most of our walks and also cuddle time. Since it is getting dark earlier, sometimes it's hard to do a long walk in the evening, but on the weekends, we can go further. Recently, we walked around Lake Artemesia. We saw a lot of other dogs and also ducks, geese, beavers, and deer. It was pretty awesome.

Dog lying on bed with tongue sticking out of side of mouth
Happy Tongue-out Tuesday!
It's been pretty hot the last couple days, which means we can't walk outside as much. I'm happy not to be outside in the heat, but I am really looking forward to the cool front headed our way so I can go back to enjoying my long walks.

 Bye for now!
Ursala