Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Sally: 6/10 - Today might be my day!

Guess what today is?!  Today is the adoptathon at GEGR, and I might find my furever family!  Boy I certainly hope I do because today is also my birthday!

I'm two years old now Momma P.  Does that mean I can join you on the couch?

I've been busy the last week that I've been with Momma P.  Here's a few pics from my adventures.

We went to the Animal Relief Fund event at the Tiki Bar.  I was all about getting lovin and seeing all the new things.  Of particular interest was the family that sat beside us.  They were all nice to us pups and gave us treats while they were there. 



One afternoon we went for a walk and did some exploring.  I walked on the leash really well for Momma P.  I may have gotten extra kisses from her for that.

It's so bright Momma P.  Where are my sunglasses?

That's Olive with me and her little sister Zoey.

I met the neighbors, and they have a greyhound named Charger and little Chihuahua named Princess.  I didn't mind Princess at all.  I was more interested in playing with the toys and adding to the mess that Charger made.
   
 That's Princess trying to figure out why I play with the toys in this position.

In case you were wondering, Charger made that mess.  Not me.  #BlameItOnTheBoy

And then this week I demonstrated to Momma P how to lay on the dog beds.

I don't see why she was giggling at me all the time.  Isn't it normal to leave your backside on the floor?  I also didn't want to lay on the toys that I'd brought over to the bed.

Hope everyone else had a good week too.  Paws crossed that I find my furever family today!