Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Timpe: 6/7 - Little humans

Sunday was pretty exciting. Foster mom's daughter came over with the gang - two beagles and a little human.  I wasn't interested in the beagles at all.  I was all about the little human.  I wanted to sniff him and give him endless kisses. Foster mom said I had to wear my muzzle, which only got in the way of giving him kisses.  But after I showed her that I was all about the love, she took it off and I got to get up close.

Then the little human was put in the highchair.  All the other dogs crowded around.  I didn't know why, but then I saw that the little human was dropping food to everyone!  I made sure that I got in close for that one.


Afterwards we all went into the living room.  The little human crawled all over the beagles. They didn't seem to mind it a bit.  I wasn't too sure about that so I laid down next to foster mom.  When the little human came over to me, foster mom made sure that he petted me nice and didn't pull my ears.    Eventually, I laid down on the bed and one of the beagles joined me.


Foster mom tells me there's an adoption event this weekend.  I'm really excited about it.  After watching the little human and his beagles, I think it would be awesome to have my own family to play with and go on walks with.  If you are coming this weekend, I'd love to meet you and tell you all about myself and how I'd make a great addition to your family.