Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Bale: 5/14 - Has Moved

Hello everyone.  I am sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have moved.  You probably know how it is when you move.  There is the packing, moving, unpacking, arranging, rearranging; my "to do" list just kept getting longer.  Now I think I am settled in and ready to tell you about my new foster home.

I have a new foster brother (FB) who is an older greyhound, but he is a lot of fun.  He quickly showed me the ropes.  I learned about the big back yard, the dogs beds in every room and how to look at FM with a sad look in order to get a treat.  This is a pretty fun place to be.

I really like running in the back yard.  FB chases me sometimes and then I chase him.  There are lots of things to smell and sometimes there is a squirrel and now and then a rabbit.  They are fun to chase but I am not sure what I would do if I caught one.

We sleep a lot around here.  Sometimes my FM lays down on the floor with us and rubs our tummies and kisses on us.  I really like that.  I think she has rubbed a lot of tummies because she knows just the right spots to rub.  The other night, I was feeling really playful and decided to give FM some "flea bites" on her head.  She laughed a lot and really liked it.  Now we play a lot like that and we have fun.

I was really skinny when I came here and my FM wanted to put some weight on me.  I tried to tell her that I am a sleek athlete, but she insisted and kept giving me wonderful food and treats.  I am now looking better, but not at all fat or overweight.

For years, I have gobbled (bolted) my food.  I would make a big mess with kibble flying in all directions.  My FM put a small glass bowl in the middle of my food bowl and now I have to eat slower.  The food actually tastes better when I eat slower.  Who knew?

It is now my nap time.  If you think I would make a good addition to your life, let the good people at GEGR know and they can set up a "meet."

Thanks for reading about me,
Bale