Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

KC's Sam: 9/23 - Rain=Train, Respect the Elders, Hedgehogs>Rabbits

Hiya everybody! Sam here, living the dream (mostly mine, but partially Foster Mom's).😁

I had a great solo walkie with Foster Mom last night. She said I did soooo good (duh) that today I could go on one with my brothers and sister. Well....
What is up with this rain!? I'm cool, it doesn't stop me from doing MY business. But FM says that my brother with have a meltdown and do the Greyhound freeze. I don't know of this? Like a dance? Maybe he can teach me? ( FM here...umm, that's a NO!) Oh well, the backyard works too. And I'm getting really good at the stairs!

Rain=Train, FM says. Today, we practiced 'wait'. Not. A. Fan. I love cookies, and cookies love me. Why would you stop a love like that? I'm trying real hard, but there are so many of us! She makes me go last like, every time! I don't think I'm doing this right...
This waiting is exhausting...
I think I got it! (FM says...sorta 😉)

A little downtime on the squishy beds! I had one, and kindly gave it up to my foster sister. They're all older than me anyway, they need the extra squish. I'm good wherever. And happy to do so. 
We are such a pretty pack! I love being a part of one! My foster siblings are the coolest. They're helping me with my house manners, and don't always mind when I want a quick snuggle. I know we all look so similar, but I'm the only one with an all-black face! 
My foster sister is my FAVORITE. We even have the same Grandpa! Do you think that we look alike? FM says the doe eyes are a match, for sure! Not to mention that bone structure...gosh we look good.


I'm happy to say I've met my love, my squeaky, my hedgie! Why were we chasing a silly old rabbit when this guy is clearly where it's at! FM says this hedgie has been in the family for a year now and is still intact. I say, for now...😈






It squeaks, I freeze. I give the stink eye. I start all over again.











I'm totally busy here learning the ropes to be the best fit for my forever family! I'm a really good boy, FM is not biased at all, and will never stop being sweet and snuggly. I even do hardwood floors! (Like, walk on them, not clean them. Although, I guess I can do that too, if the crumbs are yummy.) I'll leave you with this gorgeous memory...


Pleeeeeease come and see me! I promise to melt your heart!

Til next time!
Your snuggliest boy,
💋  Sam