Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

RPG Hometown: 9/23 - introductions

Hi Everyone!! I'm a curious and loving doggo named "Hometown", although I also answer to "Homie", "Homer", "Humphrey", "Hoto", or anything else that comes to foster mom's head when she's trying to remember my real name.
I've had an exciting first two days away from the track! First, it was a long drive to get to GEGR. And then ANOTHER long drive to get to my foster mom's apartment in Baltimore! Luckily, I love sitting in the car and looking out the window at all the exciting new sites!

This is my foster sister, Selene. We both like riding in the car together!
In Baltimore, there are TONS of things to look at and see! I've met lots of people on the street and also got to go into a pet store with treats EVERYWHERE. I met my foster sister, Selene, and she's great! I really like her and she showed me  how to get up the stairs and also where to sniff and use the bathroom outside. We got to hike together this morning, and she also showed me how to avoid the slippery tree roots. I like hanging out with her!

Here's us lounging together after a long, rainy hike this morning.

I also met my foster brother, Milo. He's a cat and that's scary. I just keep my distance and hope he doesn't hiss.

Speaking of scary things, let's talk about MIRRORS for a second. What in the what!?!? I don't get it. It's like the world, but reversed and I somehow can't get through it. See?

Along with exploring and finding new things to investigate or play with, I really enjoy snuggling too. I loooooove hanging out with foster mom and lounging around.
Have you noticed my little snaggle tooth peeping out? Foster mom thinks it's adorable!!

I can't wait to find my furever home and share my love with my new family!! I have lots to give!
Bye for now!
-Hometown