Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Jasmine (Superior Jasmine) 8 June 22 Introductions

HI!  I am Jasmine!  I am also known as Jazz, Jazzy and sweet baby girl! I am smart, loving, playful and take correction well!  Don't believe me?  Ask my foster mom!

Do you like balls and things that squeak?  Then I could be the girl for you!  I LOVE squeaking all the toys, fetching balls and going for walks!!! I even bring the ball to foster mom every once in a while, when I want to play.  I also like to explore new things!  This is me checking out the backyard from our deck with my foster sister!

But I also know how to find just the right spot to chill after a long walk!


Foster mom says that I am a smart cookie (mmmm.....cookies...) and that I learn fast!  I have already learned how to go up and down the stairs, navigate through a doggie door and go potty outside!    I also walk on the leash really well with and without my foster sisters!  This is another shot of me at the beach! I loved exploring all the new scents!


After all this learnin I am ready for a good nights sleep!