Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Dorie (Volando Olvera): 6/20/22 - Report Card!

 Well hello there! It's me, Dorie, with another fun post about my cute self. I heard you might have been wondering a little more about me? Not a problem. I continue to polish up my skills here at Uncle Chris's house - and I'm not shy to say my grades are pretty darned good (with one teeny-tiny exception).

I am an *Excellent* sitter!
Obedience: A+ 

I am fantastic at Sit, Down, and Stay. I'm even starting to get the idea of Wait! When it's time for meals, or treats, or you just need me to pay attention for a moment or two? This is it. Did you see the picture above? Butt planted firmly on the floor, thank you very much! And here's one of me doing Down, which is what we do before my dish gets set down in the feeding stand...

And see how attentive I am? Good Down, Dorie!

Attachment to my People: A+

I love my people - right now Uncle Chris and Auntie Kate are my people (along with some friends who visit pretty often) - but I'm waiting patiently for my Forever People! I'm a leaner for love, and I love to curl up and just be close to you. This picture should help explain - that's me lying at Auntie Kate's feet by her chair. She shares a corner of her blankie with me and I snooze at her feet.

I might love the blankie a little, too!

Alone Training: A

I do really good all by myself in my crate when necessary. I get a frozen peanut-butter stuffed Kong when I go in the crate and I do fine for several hours.

Office Mate: A+++

This is one of my greatest skills. I have my own bed in Auntie Kate's office and I roach out all day long to show support while she is in video meetings. Think of how much you would like to look over from your meeting or horrible conference call and see this beside you...

No problem, we'll have those reports out by close of business today!

Eating, Sleeping, Potty, Etc: A

Just add a little water to my kibble to keep me from gobbling and I'm good. I sleep all night in the crate like a good girl. I stick to a regular schedule with my potties and have never had a single problem. This stuff is all easy 😀.

Small Animals: D-

This is the only thing keeping me from being the greyhound valedictorian and giving that awesome speech at graduation. Small dogs, cats, bunnies, foxes, and who knows what other small animals are just not my friends. I'm just never going to be friends with that 5lb teacup poodle who lives two doors down.

So that's how I'm doing here at Uncle Chris's house! Pretty darned good, overall, I think!

I look forward to meeting you and having you pet me soon!

Love and Greyhound Kisses,
Dorie