Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Dozer’s loving retirement! 2/13/2022

Hi, it’s Dozer back again! I have to say I have had a terrific first week of retirement at my Foster family’s house!! 



I went to the bus stop with my Foster Sister. We were the first ones there but then about 5-6 little kids arrived… and I loved it! I LOVED all the attention and petting I was getting- I didn’t want it to stop!! I was very polite and did not jump up on anyone… just my tail was wagging like crazy!! I wasn’t scared of new people, cars or buses going by. My foster mom and I then went on a walk. My foster mom said I did really good on the leash! It was so much fun exploring and all the new smells— my nose was going crazy!! 

Me when my Foster mom is calling me!! I know my name! 



Whew!! What a fun week!! My foster mom always manages to catch me snoozing💤 ! My afternoon naps!! 

Until next time! 
Love ❤️ 
Dozer