Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Eddie (Royal Envoy): 08/21 - How do you spell Eddie? F-O-O-D-I-E

 Hello again friends,

There are lots of things to learn about in retirement, but one thing you don’t have to tell me twice is when it’s time to eat! 


I learned quickly where I’m fed at meal times.  It’s hard because I get my bowl put down last, so I have to wait longer than ANYONE else in the house to eat. Foster mom says that if she doesn’t feed everyone in the order they’re used to, chaos ensues with everyone going to the wrong bowl. So, I must be patient. Sigh… So I wait and wait and wait and wait until she finally brings my bowl to me.  (Foster Mom here - he waits literally 10-15 seconds longer, tops.  #dogtime)


For the first few days, I was nervous and didn’t eat all my meals, but now I belong to the clean your plate club! Sometimes when FM is fixing our dinner, I go in for a quality control check. Gotta earn my keep around here after all! 



Besides meals; there are other things I love: 


1. Peanut butter 🥜-omg so delicious 

2. Soft food - FM gives my foster siblings their medicine rolled up in a little ball of canned food. I get some too, and it is amazing.  

3. Cheese 🧀 - behold the power 

4. Treats:  I especially enjoy dehydrated beef and turkey. I have learned to be gentle in taking them from my FM’s hand.


  


5. Two words: FROZEN KONG - FM puts a little kibble inside and then seals it up with either PB or soft food and freezes it.  I get it as a special treat when she leaves me in my crate. nom nom nom 🤤



I also sometimes lick the spoon after FM prepares my Kong.  I like to be helpful like that. 


Foster mom calls them my peanut butter eyes.



I have been having some extra special food for the last few days.  I’ve had some GI problems this past week, so FM is giving me something called a “bland diet”.  Bland?!  Anything but!  Home cooked for the win!


Ground beef and barley for my dinner?  If bad poops are wrong, I don’t want to be right! 



That’s all for now.  Until next time…


Bon Appétit,


Eddie 🐾