Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Rusty (RS Rusty Nail): 6/14 - Getting Comfortable!

Hey friends! 👋🏼  I am learning so much about being a house dog. I’m getting better about knowing the rules and being comfortable with my foster humans and siblings. I like to approach new people and situations on my own terms, and sometimes my own terms mean that my foster humans have to be extra patient with me. I have recently discovered that I love to cuddle!



I like to nap in the sun on the front porch and check out everyone who walks by. I like to awkwardly stare at people and dogs, but weird things like bicycles, skateboards, and tiny humans in wagons make me a bit nervous. I especially love the FedEx man because he gives me treats. That’s the way to my heart! 



🤎 Rusty