Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kain (Superior Kain): 6/4 - Stair Master!


Hi Friends, 

I've been working hard on learning steps, walking with manners, and sleeping through the night. Foster Mom says I will make my new family very happy. I'm a very happy hound, and I have an easygoing personality. With a little patience, Foster Mom showed me how to go up and down the stairs, and after about a week of guided practice, I started to use them all by myself! Now, I love to use the stairs!

Foster Mom has three dogs, and I get along with all of them. It didn't take long for me to realize I love to lounge around with everyone upstairs, and I even get to sleep in my own x-pen upstairs at night...with my foster siblings in the same room! It's so comforting. 

During the workday, I do just fine in my crate. I'm always excited to see Foster Mom come home, but I'm not stressed during the day. 

- Kain