Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Siberian (Mega Siberian): 2/ 8 - My Snowy Week

 Hi Friends! I'm so excited to tell you a few things: 

1. I recovered beautifully from my neuter procedure!

2. I've been bellyband free for two weeks! (Just remember: you'll have to show me what you expect at your house.)

3. I saw snow, and I'm not really excited about it...unless someone plays with me!


So, about the snow. I wasn't too excited about it last week. I'm just glad I could wear my coat! Today, it snowed again! This time, Foster Mom put her boots on and ran around the yard to see if she could get me to follow. Because I LOVE people, this was not hard. Soon, I was running around the yard with her! Doesn't that sound like fun? I forgot about the snow as soon as we started to play!

Even though the weather wasn't great this week, I did get out to take a few walkings with Foster Mom and Tilly. I love to keep pace with them. Foster Mom still keeps me on a short leash, but I don't mind. She can tell when I have to make a pit stop. Then, she lets a little more of the leash free, so I can take care of business. 


Foster Mom wants me to mention that I'm so good while she's working from home. I just love to keep her company. Have I mentioned I LOVE people? I don't make too much noise while she's working; I'm very happy to snooze. She also wants me to add that I behave so well in my crate when she works outside the home. I just nap and wait for her to come home. 

I also love to snooze in the afternoon sunshine, and so do my foster sisters. We all compete for the same rays of sunshine, but I really enjoy spending time with those girls, so it's fun! That's me on the right in this next picture!


I can't wait to say hello to you soon! 

XOXO, 

Siberian