Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Eyes (Dyin Eyes) 11/5 - The List

 Hi again, everyone! It's me, Eyes! Are you ready for important information??

I've decided to compile a list of my likes, dislikes, skills, etc... so you know whether or not we'd be a good fit as Forever Family. Good idea, right? You can't just go by my handsome good looks (well, I guess you could, but we all see what happens when people in Hollywood do that 😃).

But first, how about an awesome photo?

Where are the duckies??

Right - back to the list. First thing is obviously those super cute ears, but I digress. Here are the things I'm really good at:

  • I'm a super sweet, loving, and personable pup. I will follow you just about anywhere around the house. Hugs? Absolutely! I like to give and receive loving hugs. One of my favorite things is to push my head into Uncle Chris's chest and have him love on me.
    • I'm sure I'll be a fantastic snuggler if your house rules let me on the sofa with you!
  • Potty stuff. Yep, no problem. When I need to go out, I head downstairs to the front door here at UC's house - I'm sure we'll develop a good signal together at your house, too. And crate trained. I sleep in the crate at night (I do prefer a comfy bed in there), and when I'm left alone in the house. I've also been working on my alone time training in the crate even though everyone is home a lot, just so I'm used to it if things ever get back to "normal". This is a good skill we can work from as I earn your trust being left at home alone.
  • Leash skills? Ohhh yeah! I am a fantastic walker on the leash. I don't generally pull at all, and am easily reminded to be polite if I might forget with a little gentle pressure on the leash and calling my name. I walk on a harness that is great for me - you can see it in the picture above.
  • Eating. Have you ever had or heard of a dog that isn't too interested in their food? That can be frustrating for pet parents - but no worries here. I. Love. Food. Breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses - it's all my favorite. It's also a great way for us to bond and for me to learn. If you watch the video from the last post (I think? It might have been the one before that), you'll see me learning DOWN by being hand fed.
  • Skills - that last bit leads right into the obedience skills I'm learning! First, I learned DOWN (in like my 3rd try at it - not bad if I may say so myself), and now I'm working on SIT, and STAY - and I've got the concept of both already. If you help me keep learning? It's a great way for us to get to know each other and learn where I fit in with the family.
  • Fun. Hey look, who likes dull stuff? I mean, really. I'm still a greyhound, so I sleep a LOT. But I like to kick up my heels and have a good time. I'll play bow and say silly stuff and be a whole bunch of fun!
Now, am I perfect? Nope. Not at all. There are still some things I am working on getting better at - but with your help, I'll do great! I'm good at learning and figuring out what you want from me, so together it's going to be amazing.

I'm also an excellent co-worker and office mate.

Hope this helps you by having a little more info about me. I'm off to earn a few cookies working on SIT. See you soon!
Love and head bumps for hugs,
Eyes