Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Eyes (Dyin Eyes): 10/27 - School Has Started!

 Hi Everyone! It's me, Eyes, again - but this week I've become Super Scholar Eyes!

One day this weekend at lunchtime my food dish disappeared. Wait, WHAT?? That can't be good, right? 👀
Uncle Chris then appears with some kibble in his closed fist, puts said fist on the floor and gently says, "Down." I gave him a confused look but started sniffing and nose bumping his hand. He said something about learning (I'm not sure. I wasn't really paying attention - he had my lunch!). I kept bumping and sniffing. Finally, I got frustrated and just plopped down on my belly. His hand magically opened, and he said, "Yes!" and I got to eat. Huh? We repeated this a couple more times until my lunch was finished. After a couple meals of this, I got the concept - I'm learning!! I can do Down now!




And I'm pretty darned good at it if I do say so myself!

How about a couple of quick pics you can share with your friends to show them how cute and awesome I am??


I am the greyhound and the greyhound is me...


I love meeting new people. I hung out with my new friend Mr. Rob all weekend!


And I love walkies! Here are me and Auntie Kate on one of our walks.

Okay then - I'll see you next time, okay?

Love and Nose Bumps,
Eyes