Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Lil (TMC'S Lucky Lil): 9/22 - Couch, Pleeeease?

Manners are important. In my foster home, there is a no-foster-dogs-on-the-couch rule. I understand that. I respect that. But...I NEEDS TO SNUGGLE! What's a girl to do when all the humans are on the couch? Huh?

I do my cutest, sweetest, snuggliest Lily-bean and just ease right into it. This is okay?

How bout dis? I just needs lovins...I'm not on the couch, see?

See??!! I'll wait here for pets. No shame in my game.

This is all I needed.

I have the best manners here in my foster home. My Foster Mom is always saying no Lil, I can't keep you, I can't...right honey? (Foster Dad thinks she's hilarious). 

I guess I'll hang out here while I wait for my forever family and keep my poor Foster Mom company. My foster sisters don't give her the same quality snuggles as I do. They do a lot of this, which I'm pretty masterful at...


That's me on the right! Roach skills!

So while I wait for my forever family, I'll keep practicing the snuggles, sleeps, and sweet faces. Keep this face in your mind, I'm coming for your heart...and your couch...❤

Kisses and warm hugs,
❤ Lil