Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Krimson (PJ Shudntdoit): 7/13 - Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Hi there! I’m Krimson, and it’s great to introduce myself to everyone! After a long couple days of driving up the East Coast I finally reached my foster home two nights ago.


My foster family tells me I have a beautiful red color and that I’m tiny. They’re right about the beautiful color but I think I'm the perfect size.



I was excited to meet my foster sister Selene, and she helped me build up the courage and determination to learn how to go up the stairs to my foster family’s second floor apartment. I'm starting to get used to lounging around at home, but I can tell Selene also has a lot to teach me about getting comfy.




I’m still getting used to the sights, sounds, and smells of the big city. My favorite part so far is all the windows on the street where I get to admire my reflection. Everything's happening so fast and I can't wait to give my next update!