Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Sam (KC's Sam): 5/21 - Hello, Friends!

Hi Friends!

Foster Mom said it was time I introduced myself, so I’m going to give this blog a shot! I'm Sam. I’ve been with my Foster Mom (FM) for just over two weeks, and I've settled into the household routine very well. I really love the three resident dogs. They all love to snuggle with me, and we play outside in the yard very well!


During my first week here, I went to see the vet, and I had a dental cleaning. While I was there, I made sure I was gentle with everyone. When it was time to go home, FM asked how I did, and she gave me lots of kisses when she found out I was such a good boy.

It wasn’t long before I started going for walks with FM and my fellow Greyhound Tilly. I really like walking with Tilly, so I don’t stray too far from her and FM to explore. I guess that’s a really good thing because FM says I walk beautifully on lead.

Besides really liking the resident dogs, I really do love FM and her boyfriend. They are both so patient with me. I was a little shy when I first arrived, and they both let me get to know them at my own speed. Now, I follow FM all over the house, and I run to the door when I hear her boyfriend arrive. Foster Mom says I would love a home with people who would be patient with a shy guy like me. I think she's right.

I’m a bit shy with new things, so I think I’ve written enough for now. I really like making new friends, so I’ll add to my blog again soon!