Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Bree (K's Bree): 5/27 - Water Fun

Hi Everyone,

Me again, Bree!

I'm getting used to the routine here. I get to hang out in my crate most mornings while my foster parents go off to do something they call "work." This last weekend was different. They called it a holiday and boy was it fun!

We got to ride in the van -- Have I told you about the van? It takes us to all sorts of fun places. This time we went to a park with lots of water. I thought it was so pretty the way it moved and reflected the light. 

But the best thing was how nice and cool it was. I just walked right in and got to splash and explore a bit. Maybe Foster Dad will let me go in deeper sometime!


My friend came over to play. His mom trimmed my nails that were getting a bit long. It's always sad when he leaves.


With all that excitement I was really tired and zonked right out. My foster parents think I'm funny when I sleep.


I think my foster sister is warming up to me. Sometimes she tells me to go away when I lay too close to her, but I don't think she means it. She even let me lay next to her for a little bit last night.


When I sleep I sometimes dream about my forever home. I wonder if it will be near a park with water to play in?

- Bree