Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Flash (Hot Flash): 4/20 - First full week of retired life!

Hi, everybody! Flash here!

When foster mom puts the stick in my mouth with bristles not only do I just want to lick the paste on it because it tastes like chicken (!!!) I want to nibble on it. I’m told I’m a good boy though because I let her brush my toofers.


Whenever foster mom eats her meals I get excited and want to try some, too. It all smells SO good. I listen well and retreat when told to.

GUYZ! I am a really good listener. Isn’t that what everyone wants in a man?! :) :) :)

Also, I go potty outside. Never inside. AND! I’ve earned going without my muzzle inside the house as long as foster mom is inside with me. Which is most of the day (awesome!) since she does works in the house.

I like the squeaky fury things to play with but my FAVORITE remains the duck! Foster mom plays tug of war with me and sometimes I let her win. ;) I love the duck SO much that when I am provided a treat, I sometimes don’t want to let the duck go!

Stay tuned for more Flash Life when we go out for a walk on the leash! For now, I help mom works by laying right next to her.