Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Keira (Atascocita Keira): 2/6 - Greyt Snapshots In Time

Foster mom thought it would be fun to get some glamour shots!  I'm not exactly sure what that means so I just stayed close to her even though there was plenty to see at the wharf today!


I loved my walk on the wharf but I am happy walking anywhere when I am with my hooman!  Sometimes I stop and sniff stuff but mostly I just like to walk and see what's out there!  But then it's nice to get home and snuggle in for a nap with a good toy!


Foster mom says that I'm a love bug!  I love hanging out with my hoomans and getting snuggles and belly rubs and ear scritches and kisses on the head and just putting my head in their lap to let them know I care!  I may steal your heart but be careful because I just may steal your socks too!


Foster mom loves taking photos when I'm all curled up!  I do think I have quite a dashing profile!


It may look like I like to lay down a lot but I like lots of things!  Like waking foster mom up in the morning with a smile, a kiss and waggy tail!  After that she gets me food!  It works every time!  I like to help foster mom get dressed in the morning!  Sometimes my foster sisters and I like to play a game called "how many greyhounds and hoomans can fit in the closet at one time"!  The world may never know!



Foster mom says I'm a perfect girl!  I can do the stairs, I go out for potty even when I don't want to go out in the rain, I take treats from her hand very gently, give her sweet little kisses and take verbal direction well! I'm ok in the car but I would really prefer to be up front with you!  If I can't for some reason I will just hang out in the back!