Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Charley (Charley Cheswick): 1/30 - The waggly tail

Hi everyone, I know it’s been a while but alas your wait is over.  Life has been crazy but I’ve been doing all sorts of fun things.

I moved into a new foster home because my first foster parents found out my foster brother had cancer so I got to move to Hampton Roads and meet some new people.  I thought that was so cool because I LOVE people.  My new house has two Irish Wolfhounds and one Greyhound like me, I really want to play with him but I don’t think he feels the same way.  That’s okay though because my new house has a TON of toys and I think toys are the greatest thing ever.  It’s exhausting playing with toys.




  This is me and my new foster brother and sisters.


My new foster mom always tells me how handsome I am but she says it’s really hard to take my picture because I’m always running up for pets.  My human foster brother was vacuuming the floor the other day but I didn’t understand what the big fuss was.



Foster mom says I’m pretty much the best boy ever, I’m relaxed and loving.  I don’t think it’s such a big deal...  I mean who doesn’t love pets and snuggles?!  As for being relaxed... maybe it’s because I practice yoga?
 

Foster mom says I’m sooooo handsome and I’m going to make the best family dog.  I hope I find a new family that will give me lots of pets and snuggles forever.