Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Rant (Atascocita Rant): 1/24 - Handsome and happy!

Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi! My name is Rant!


Foster mom tells me I'm a good boy and that makes me so happy! I learned all about the city of Baltimore and I get to go up and down stairs and walk around in the city every day! It makes me so excited I can never stop wagging my tail.

I love my foster sister, Selene, and my foster brother, Milo...although he is not like me??? He has sharp claws and makes a strange hissing sound. What IS he?


I also can't stop looking into a thing that foster mom calls "mirror". There is a DOG in there! And she won't let him out.... I like to wag my tail at him and see him wag his tail back.

I also like to do this thing that foster mom calls "roaching". She seemed so excited, but why WOULDN'T I stick my legs straight in the air and let people pet my belly???


To my forever family: I don't know you yet, but I already love you and am so excited to meet you!


Gotta go snooze, byeeeeeeeee!