Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Keira (Atascocita Keira): 1/22 - Greyt Start!

Hi!  My name is Keira and I have been retired for 5 whole days! This is me on my ride to my foster house!  I must be pretty special to get the whole back set to myself!!


Of course, after all of the traveling that I have done to get from Florida to Maryland I was very interested to see where we were going and what was going on outside!



When we got to the house I was excited to investigate my new accomodations!  I am a little reserved at first but I'm pretty smart and figured out where all the important stuff is like the water bowl, the backyard for potty and of course where the coziest seats in the house are located!


I'm here with five foster sisters!   They have been very helpful in helping me learn the ropes of life in a home!  Three of my foster sisters are my size and two are smaller.  They are called English Cockers.  They are pretty interesting but are not really interested in playing so I just leave them alone.  I am happy spending time around my foster sisters but I'm just as happy being around my foster humans getting petted, kissed on the head and told how cute I am!  Foster mom says she cannot resist my wonky ears!!!  I think they are pretty normal but she says they give me character!



I have already been on several walks with my foster sisters!  Foster mom says I walk like a dream!  I usually stay by her side or slightly behind her most of the time but I can still see everything!

After a long day I usually find my spot in the living room to take a snooze until we can do it all again the next day!