Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Burnie (Par Burn it Down): 11/9 - Weekend with Burnie


Burnie here, it’s the one week anniversary with my foster parents! Apparently they are impressed with how well I’m doing. I’m already getting better on the leash and chilling out (a little!) around all the squirrels.


Even though I’m a little “too curious” in the kitchen, and keep putting my face on counter tops, my house manners are pretty good! I don’t really make much noise, and I’m still sleeping through the night. My foster parents had to work this week and I made sure the house was as they left it when they came home. A dog walker came for me and my foster sister each day and she said I’m “charming”!


A few things are still a mystery to me, like those terrifying stairs, plus having to pee in the backyard before going to bed every night. It’s cold AND dark!



It’s been a busy weekend already: walks around the neighborhood, visit to the farmers market, eating, and playing catch in the yard. It’s time for a nap to recharge!


-Burnie