Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Lastofthemohican 7/24

Hi Everyone!

It's me Moe! I's counting down until Saturday and not gonna lie, I's getting pretty excited!
I doin' pretty good in my foster home. Foster Mama sez I's in training to be a family pet! All I knows is there are soft beds, treats, walks, and lots of lovin's...sign me up! I wants to be part of a family!

So, I's pretty much good at everything. I eats real good, I doesn't make ANY messes in the house, I gets along good with the cat (she's nice and I feels bad I called her a weirdo in my last post). I gets along with the house hounds and the dogs in the neighborhood.(big or small). I not too bad on a leash but maybe I gets too excited and pulls for the first block, but then I good. I's good in the crate too and go in without any problems at all. I a pretty laid back boy who is silly and full of loves for peoples and pets.

That's it...get my left side. My nose looks smaller from that angle.

So, I has to tell you my secret weakness. I's been struggling with the evil stairs. I pretty sure there are monsters at the top waiting to eat me. Foster Mama sez "Moe, put it out to the universe that you are not afraid of stairs." So, I sez "I not afraid of stairs...I not afraid of stairs...I not afraid of stairs...I AFRAID OF STAIRS!" Dang it! Well, the universe must of heard anyway, cause today I went up them all by myself when Foster Mama called me. She said (and I quote) "You did it! You're the best boy Moe!" Take that foster brother Louie..I the BEST boy!

Good lookin' right? Lookit that shiny fur!

All that to say I's getting Mo' better every day (get it?!?!)...Mo' better?! I crack myself up.

Can't wait to meet you soon! Pretty sure I love you!

Moe
xoxo