Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Girly - Lovin' Life

It's Girly dropping in to say hi again!

Fo'Ma has told me that Saturday is a very special day and I might find my forever family. I wanted to be sure you know what a great addition I would be to your family.

My alternate name could be HAPPY. Im so excited about life! I'm really starting to get this retirement thing and I love it.

I'm excited about walking on a leash and I've gotten so much better at it over the last 2 -3 weeks.

I love my foster family - I would stay with them forever but they keep telling me that somewhere out there, my true forever family is waiting and hoping and praying for me to be there forever happy girl.

I love running up and downstairs and I love exploring!

I love meeting people out on our walks, and I love squirrels (tho' Fo Ma says I should try to love them not so much).

I love eating - I always clean my plate!

I really love toys and I don't even mind if there's no squeakers left in them.

I love life so much that I spend a lot of time on my back with my feet in the air these days. They tell me that's called roaching.

If you're looking for that little spark that will brighten up your life - forever, I'm you're Girly!
Life is good when you have stuffed toys!
I roach both in and out of my crate.