Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

White Line Fever: 5/17 - This Crazy Life

What's up everyone! Linus here, wondering desperately how I can update you all on the craziness that has been my last two weeks in a blog post. But here goes...
Okay, one minute, I was running! A few days later, I'm on a hauler with my buds enroute to Maryland. I got the pampering session of my life here. These GEGR volunteers don't play...

Matchy-match! That's me on the floor!
Foster Mom took me home to stay with three other furry friends...two of them look just like me! I think she planned it...kind of like she's a collector. I like them well enough, but I love my people. I'm a HUGE snuggler, so a cuddles-for-days home is a must. Luckily, my human foster brother is more than happy to comply. Foster sister Allie is always trying to sneak in on my cuddling action!


It took me a few days to learn that the beds are for me too, but once I did...WOWZA! These things are great! I am always very polite and never try to steal the beds from my foster siblings, and wait patiently for my turn. Then, it's Greyhound sleepy time. I can see myself getting very used to this...I mastered the first try with a cute pose to boot!


I go nicely to my crate at mealtime, and have no trouble with potty manners...I go right to the door! Foster Mom made sure that I knew very well where the potty place is, and I have no trouble complying. I try so hard to be the best boy. I really want to please my humans!

Foster Mom showed me what she calls the 'Foster Duck'...I guess that's because it is AWESOME, just like me! I'm a vicious beast, but gentle enough to not injure Sir Duckie. I'd like him to be around for a while.
SURRENDER DUCKIE!
Whatcha want, Allie?
I'm loving this retirement thing. I get to relax, get all the pets, have fun toys and squishy beds. I'm doing great at it, and even Sonny, the resident Roomba, will not deter me from living my best life.

Sweep away, I care not!
I'm ready for my forever home. Foster Mom says I am going to be super greyt for a family that loves walks and snuggles...my two favorite things! I listen very well, and I am developing very nice house manners. I don't mind hard floors and I'm really good at stairs! I'll only ask that you keep one thing under consideration...Linus does on the couch? Please?! I want to sooooo bad!

Remember this sweet face on adoption day! I'm coming for ya!

Lots of love and kisses (yes, I'm a kisser)
😘Linus