Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Coastal: “I’m finally home!”

Hey everyone!  It’s Coastal here.  I’ve got some fantastic news!  My fo-fam took me to what they call “ Greyhound Spring Break”  which is this mega awesome picnic with so many greyhounds running around...a real free for all!  I was chilling in a place called “the foster pen” and guess what?  I met my new REAL mom and  dad!  They came just to check me out and take me to my furever home!  Mama  Pam and Papa Ray have welcomed me into their family and I’m so excited to be their Coastie with he mostie!  I’m so blessed to have new parents to love and be loved by!  Thank you to all the greyt folks at GEGR that rescued me, took care of me, and found me furever family!