Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Cruisn Susan: Steps vs Stairs!





Cruisi' Suzi here. Just wanted to update you on how great I'm doing with steps and stairs. Fo'Ma sez there's a bit of a difference between steps and stairs, though in the end they're all the same. (Not quite sure what she means by that). Anyway, I want you to know that I'm doing great with the steps!

Fo' Ma and Fo' Pa took me to this place called a university campus where there were all kinds of wide open spaces and lots and lots and lots of steps. I was really scared at first. I mean I understand forward and back, but up and down is a whole different ballgame.

Fo' sister Opal helped by running up and down and up and down the steps to show me how. Then Fo' Ma and Pa helped me go up and down one paw at a time. If I do say so myself, I think I'm a quick learner! I had a ton of fun but the funny thing is, when I got back home, I'd forgotten how to do it and they had to teach me all over again. But now I'm totally on it! I'm running up and down the steps like nobody's business. But the stairs, that's another matter. Lets just say I'm still workin' on that. 
Fo' Ma sez not to worry. If I can do steps, I can do stairs!