Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Centex Chino: 4/17/19 - Hi, I'm Cinco!



Hello Friends! My name is Cinco and I'm newly retired. Let me tell you a little about myself. My racing name was Centex Chino, but I think I like Cinco better. I'm almost three years old and quite handsome, if I do say so myself. I'm a big guy with beautiful eyes that will just melt your heart. I'm also really friendly. I love giving kisses and meeting new people and pups. I love to eat and take long naps during the day. I don't need that much exercise, but I do like taking walks. I'm really excited to see what retired life has in store for me. So far, it has been greyt! Let me tell you a little about what I've been up to.


I'm came to GEGR from a track in West Virginia eleven days ago. Some nice people loaded me up with some of my grey friends and drove us all the way to Greyhound Central in Maryland. We got some TLC from the volunteers who were there to greet us and give us our spa treatment. This included a nice bath and a paw-dicure. Afterwards, I was sent to a very nice temporary foster family who had a whole pack of retired racers. It was really nice getting all that support from my fellow retirees. They taught me a thing or two about what to expect as I start this next chapter of my life. 

On my way to my second foster family. I love car rides.
Need a road trip companion? I'm your guy!

Earlier this week I moved to another foster family, and that's where I am now. They don't have as many friends for me to hang out with, but the one resident hound is not so bad. He lets me play with his toys and explore his backyard. He even lets me cuddle with him occasionally. My foster parents told me I must be a very special pup because foster brother is very picky about who he lets cuddle with him. 


Here I am helping myself to the toy basket. 
I found a Hedgie! I'm told this is a must-have toy for every
retired racer. I hope you have one ready for me!

As you can see, I love toys. I really hope my forever family has lots ready for me when I go home with them. I can't wait to have toys I can call my own. Maybe then I wouldn't have to store them in my crate for safekeeping. 

I've been told retirement isn't all fun and games, though. At least not yet. While I wait for my family to find me, I need to work on some skills that will help me navigate this new world. I promise to do my best so I can meet my forever family soon. Stay tuned for my next post so I can show you all the new skills I'm learning! 

Love, 
Cinco 

P.S. I know you came here for the photos, so here are some more of my handsome self:

Soaking up some rays

Napping with my foster brother

Patiently waiting for treats