Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Brownie: 2/4 - Introducing Me: Brownie!

Hi Grey fans.  Flying Brownback aka Brownie here!

I am digging this thing called retirement. My foster family is giving me lots of TLC that I needed. I'm a pretty epic racing hound if I do say so myself. I have 200 career starts and I was really rocking it, but then I broke my leg and it was over. The silver lining is now I get to find a family and a cushy dog bed of my very own. As you can see from this photo...I'm still figuring out how to use a dog bed, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it in no time. ;-)




Foster mom says I'm a really good boy. I've settled in well with my foster sister, Holly, who's a blue heeler/hound mix. She's made it clear she's boss dog and I'm cool with that. I really go with the flow. I also have some tiny humans in my foster family, ages 5 & 3, and I really enjoy them. I think they are cute and just at my height for ear scratches and their active nature doesn't bother me a bit.




I'm really curious and confident. Foster mom says I need to work on my leash manners a bit, but I'm really eager to please. As, I mentioned before...I was a pretty awesome racer, and to be as good as I was, I really had to like to chase the lure. I've seen kitties and tiny fluffy dogs, and they sort of remind me of that lure, so I'd do best in a home without them. I just get so excited! I love to chew bones too, especially if they are stuffed with something tasty. I'm a great eater and it's a good thing because foster mom is working on building back my muscle from the time I was on "bed rest" in a cast.



Well, that's all for now. I'm ready for bed. Being awesome all day can really tire a dog out!

Until next time!

Love,
Brownie