Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Orson: 1/8 - Carried Away

Sooo I have a confession.  I've been spending all of my time loving retirement.  I've been eating and sleeping and hanging out with my friends.  It's been great. And then it happened.

FM said I needed to sit up and pay attention.

Ok FM, I'm all ears. What's this all about?

FM told me that I need to stop rolling around on beds and get serious about finding my forever home. She said all of you want to know what I've been doing and learning.  You want to know if I've mastered living in a home. I promise you I have.

I know all about the house. I know that dog beds are for us pups.  I still have dreams of getting on the sofa one day though.  I'm not at all afraid of shinny floors or stairs.  I do my business outside and can hold my pee for close to 7 hours. I don't eat off the counters. I wait nicely for my food and eat nice and slow.

I love going for walks with my friends. I like car rides too. I can jump in and out of the car by myself. I love meeting people and kids and I'm very gentle.

I'm learning how to wait at doors. I learning to sit but I can only do it a few times.  FM is teaching a trick called watch me. I'm getting pretty go at it.

So you see I really haven't been slacking off like FM says. I've learned a lot. She says it doesn't count though if I don't tell everyone.

I'll be sure to fix that. I have lots more to tell you.