Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Kay's Copper: 1/7 - New Year, New Fam (Paws Crossed)


Happy New Year! I hope everyone was safe and made good decisions... * cough cough * like wanting to adopt me, for example. Whew man... I must be coming down with something. Should get that cough checked out, eh?

Anyway, did you know that people W I L L I N G L Y stay up until midnight to watch some sparkly ball drop? I mean, what is the point? You can't even play with that stinkin' ball! Why waste time watching a useless ball drop to the ground when you could be getting your beauty snooze on? Humans.... * mumbles under breath * ...and this is the superior species?

Apart from that, the holiday season was pretty fun. I appreciated all the love and closeness that it brings with families. I am hoping that I get me a family to celebrate my Christmas with in 2019! Put THAT on your resolution list this year, folks. "Adopt Copper..... check!" Fun fact: I can also help with to-do lists. Pretty fancy, yeah?

But what good are all my shenanigans and nonsensical talk without a little progress report, right? So here goes:

Look... I'm trying my darnedest to be a good boy and not counter surf. Foster Mom says I'm easily corrected. And hey, I should get SOME credit for no longer trying to get on all the furniture. Nevertheless, I will try harder to refrain from surfing the countertops....pinky pawmise. Ha!

I really like those super tough toys that dispense treats and peanut butter. I really like to work those things until I get every last bit out. They're fun and keep this fast-tracked mind from being bored.

I love to cuddle! I'll cuddle ANYONE AT ANYTIME ANYWHERE. In the rain, on a train, on a plane.... how else did that story go? Whatever, you get my drift. I really like hugs and kisses and cuddles and pets and scritches and all the things that have to do with me getting love. Pretty short list. You'll get the hang of it.

So anyway, I'm going to go catch up on all the sleep I missed out on by watching that stupid, sparkly, useless ball drop..... Copper - out!



~Coppaaaaaah


Please enjoy these photos of me being a handsome, dapper, gentleman of a hound.