Welcome to the Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue (GEGR) blog page! Here you will find information about our current foster dogs, events, and other information. We are located in Southern Maryland region and help racing Greyhounds into retirement throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and the Washington, D.C areas! Whether you are looking for a 4-legged family member, a volunteer opportunity, or for new friends, we are excited you are here!

For more information about GEGR,
please check out our website!

PS. Don't forget to spread the word about all this cuteness on the blog! Please share blog posts on your personal social media accounts (links below each post) and like the GEGR Facebook page or follow us on Twitter for notifications when the blog is updated.

Black Fog (Fog): Loving Retirement

Hi Friends!

Foster mom brought me home to celebrate the new year with her and her three dogs! I had no idea what to expect, but I found the best bed ever 20 minutes after I arrived at the house. My foster mom said she knew right away that I was so smart! She said she loved that I looked at the very handsome dog in the glass and admired him every chance I had when I first arrived in Lusby with my hound friends.

I started learning how to be foster mom's "best boy" as soon as I arrived. The first morning I was here, she took me for a long walk to see if I had manners on lead. Well, she said I had a few things to learn. The next day, she took me for a walk with her other Greyhound, and he showed me how to walk with manners on lead. I do much better now, but foster mom says I still need to be on a short lead.

I'll fill you in on more of my adventures next time!

XOXO,

Fog